Possum’s natural habitat is in hollowed trees. Suburban area’s lack in these trees’s, so they invade homes. Although possums are a protected species, These animals can be considered as pests as they have the reputation in causing serious problems at home like biting off electrical wiring, damaging roof protection, and tainting areas with their faeces and urine. It is important to provide a humane and practical way of removing these highly territorial animals.
- Possums are nocturnal and mainly feed between dusk and dawn.
- Possums aren’t aggressive, however, they do have the tendency to eat whatever they can and take shelter anywhere they feel safe.
- Possums can carry a variety of mites, ticks, other parasites, and bacterial infections, some of which can be transmitted to animals and/or humans.
- Possum faeces may also carry the Buruli bacteria, which can cause sizeable skin ulcers in humans.
- The Brush tail Possum’s tail allows it to grasp branches as if it had another hand.
- Possums are territorial and will urinate on their area and rub oil from glands on their chest, chin and anus to mark it as theirs.
We apply a full comprehensive, licensed and formulated solution to remove pests safely.